Ten Things About Being a Published Author
1. Accept all critique and say thank you. Recognize that this is your book and not all comments are useful. Accept, or reject what you think might help your book.
2. Don’t let negative feedback keep you from reaching your goal of writing your book.
3. Accept all feedback, graciously because not everyone will like your book.
4. To produce your book you must be disciplined—that means writing every day.
5. Take responsibility for marketing, promoting, and selling your book.
6. Book signings at traditional bookstores are not the only way to sell books.
7. Be creative when marketing, promoting, and selling your books.
8. Don’t be afraid to share with other authors what you know.
9. Say thank you to your readers and anyone who helps you.
10. Make time for yourself.